(Source: Warner Home Video)
The ultimate tale of man-vs-machine continues as a mother becomes a warrior, a son becomes a hero, and their only ally is a robot from the future when Warner Home Video releases Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles – The Complete Second Season on DVD and Blu-ray Hi-Def September 22, 2009. Fans can own this adrenaline-pumping series in a six-disc collector’s set containing all 22 one-hour episodes and four hours of amazing extras with never-before-seen special features including an eight-part featurette with the cast and crew, a gag reel, commentaries, and deleted scenes. Additionally, the Blu-ray version includes an exclusive multi-part featurette that allows fans to explore the dynamic final stunt sequence from Season Two in a way that can only be achieved by Blu-ray.
Timed to coincide with the home video release of the summer blockbuster Terminator Salvation, the series stars Lena Headey (300), Thomas Dekker (Heroes), Summer Glau (The 4400, The Unit, Firefly), Brian Austin Green (Domino, Beverly Hills 90210), Garret Dillahunt (No Country for Old Men, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, Deadwood), Shirley Manson (of the band Garbage), Leven Rambin (All My Children, The Book of Daniel, Lipstick Jungle) and Richard T. Jones (Vantage Point, Judging Amy), and is priced to own on DVD at $59.98 SRP and on Blu-ray for $79.98 SRP.
The time: today. The stakes: all our tomorrows. A nascent AI, assisted by droids, continues to edge toward world domination and the ruin of humankind. It accepts no limits. It fears no one. Except John Connor. The machines know John, now 16, is the future head of the resistance. They know he is growing in abilities. They must find and terminate him. But Sarah Connor is there, protecting and instructing her son as he becomes the man he’s destined to be.
The hunt is on in a season of powerful revelations, breathless pursuits and bravura effects. A mysterious 3-dot symbol (Do UFOs provide a clue?), a girlfriend for John (Is Cameron jealous?), ZeiraCorp (Can it master the renegade software called The Turk?) – Season 2′s six-disc action arsenal is locked, loaded, and ready to amaze.
From Bartleby Company and The Halcyon Company in association with Warner Bros. Television, the series is executive produced by Josh Friedman, John Wirth, James Middleton, Mario Kassar, Andrew Vajna and Joel Michaels.
DVD and BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
- The Continuing Chronicles featurettes
- Write the Future – An inside look at creator Josh Friedman and the writing process and how it guides the creative decisions for each episode.
- Conceptualization – Visual Effects supervisor James Lima and others discuss the production challenges of bringing the sci-fi world of Terminator to television.
- Blood and Metal – Go behind the scenes with special makeup effects artist Rob Hall and the cast as they reveal the process of creating realistic cybernetic organisms.
- Designing Destruction – Production Designer Marek Dobrowolski and others discuss the challenges of combining real locations with futuristic sets to create a world in which the present fights to avoid a horrific future.
- Choreographing Chaos – See how Stunt Coordinator and 2nd Unit Director Joel Kramer and Special Effects Supervisor Steve Galich work closely to create the stunts and on set effects that add an undeniably kinetic quality to each episode.
- War Stories – From an unexpected earthquake on the jam-packed Santa Monica pier to the intricacies of filming underwater sequences, the producers and cast reflect on some of the most memorable production challenges from Season Two.
- Setting the Tempo – Composer Bear McCreary and the producers explain the process of taking cues from the Terminator mythology and incorporating them into the score. Bear, Josh Friedman and Shirley Manson also talk about the process of recording the season opening song “Samson and Delilah.”
- Motivations – The producers and cast discuss the themes of Season Two and how these informed both the writing and acting.
- Terminated Scenes
- Cameron vs. Rosie: Fight Rehearsal – The raw fight rehearsal and choreography session between Summer Glau and a contortionist is interwoven with storyboards and interviews explaining this intricate battle sequence.
- The Storyboard Process: Cameron Goes Bad – The production team outlines the process for mapping key sequences from the show in Storyboard format.
- Audio Commentary with Lena Headey, Thomas Dekker, Summer Glau and Shirley Manson and Executive Producers Josh Friedman, James Middleton and John Wirth
- Gag Reel
BLU-RAY ONLY SPECIAL FEATURES
- Collision with the Future: Deconstructing the HUNTER KILLER Attack – Interactive exploration of the climactic Hunter Killer attack featured in the Season Two finale. Four simultaneous points of view show all elements of the filmmaking of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles from Production, Direction, Visual Effects, and Special Effects. Additional focus points allow the viewer to explore even more elements of what it took to create this dramatic stunt sequence.
- Samson and Delilah
- Automatic for the People
- The Mousetrap
- Allison from Palmdale
- Goodbye to All That
- The Tower is Tall But the Fall is Short
- Brothers of Nablus
- Mr. Ferguson is Ill Today
- Self Made Man
- Strange Things Happen at the One-Two Point
- Alpine Fields
- Earthlings Welcome Here
- The Good Wound
- Desert Cantos
- Some Must Watch, While Some Must Sleep
- Ourselves Alone
- Today is the Day (Part 1)
- Last Voyage of the Jimmy Carter (Part 2)
- To the Lighthouse
- Adam Raised a Cain
- Born to Run
Street Date: September 22, 2009
Running time: Approximately 1,012 minutes
Price: $59.98 SRP
Language: English, Portuguese
Subtitles: ESDH, French, Thai, Portuguese, Spanish
Price: $79.98 SRP
Language: English, Japanese
Subtitles: ESDH, French, Dutch, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Japanese
With operations in 90 international territories Warner Home Video, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, commands the largest distribution infrastructure in the global video marketplace. Warner Home Video’s film library is the largest of any studio, offering top quality new and vintage titles from the repertoires of Warner Bros. Pictures, Turner Entertainment, Castle Rock Entertainment, HBO Home Video and New Line Home Entertainment.