from the Comic Hero News staff
There’s a lot that happens in the world of superheroes everyday, and we at Comic Hero News don’t have the ability to write up a full story about everything, as much as we’d like to. So, we bring you Speeding Bullets – for all of those pieces of news that are fired our way that are worth noticing, but don’t merit a full story in their own right.
- Sam Bayer, directing of the upcoming reboot of Nightmare on Elm Street, recently told ShockTillYouDrop that rather than making a sequel film for Freddy Kruger, he’s hoping to direct the adaptation of The Boys.
- Another Hollywood Sam, in this case, Sam Worthington (Terminator: Salvation, Avatar) will be honored at the 2010 ShoWest celebration as their Male Star of the Year.
- HBO has greenlit a full ten-episode order for the first season of A Game of Thrones, based on the novel series from George R.R. Martin.
- DQE yesterday announced that Iron Man: Armored Adventures has received the go ahead for a second season.
- It looks like Marvel’s The Avengers is finally moving forward. Joe Quesada wrote on his Twitter page “Definition of”goose bumps.” Pressing enter and watching a screenplay entitled Avengers come out of my printer.”
- It was only a few days ago that we posted Seth Grahme-Smith’s privately produced trailer for Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Now, according to Deadline Hollywood Daily, none other than the duo of Tim Burton and Timur Bekmambetov have entered in to talks to adapt the novel to film.
- Eric Powell spoke to MTV’s Splashpage about the adaptation of his comic, The Goon. In the interview, Powell said that Fincher was very involved, and would not be just a figurehead.
- Breck Eisner, who has only recently released his re-make of George Romero’s The Crazies, spoke to Movieline, where he discussed that he wants to continue working towards making a rebooted Flash Gordon film.