from the Comic Hero News staff
There’s a lot that happens in the world of superheroes everyday, and we at Comic Hero News don’t have the ability to write up a full story about everything, as much as we’d like to. So, we bring you Speeding Bullets – for all of those pieces of news that are fired our way that are worth noticing, but don’t merit a full story in their own right.
- Bloody Disgusting has word that Sacha Baron Cohen and Jemaine Clement may both be under consideration to appear in a third Men In Black film.
- Fred Van Lente has signed an exclusive agreement with Marvel Comics, and Comics Alliance has the first sit-down with the writer. Van Lente has recently wrapped up a long run on the Hulk, and is working on the next miniseries for Marvel Zombies.
- When Merlin aired on NBC last summer, its ratings weren’t the greatest, but still the show had a loyal fan-following. Today, on Sci-Fi Wire, NBC/Universal announced that Merlin would be returning to the SyFy Channel April 2, 2010.
- Bluewater Productions has announced that Senator Al Franken (and former SNL cast member) will be the subject of an upcoming issue of Political Power.
- MTV’s Splashpage spoke to Avatar‘s Stephen Lang, where he confirmed the previous Latino Review scoop that he would be playing the villainous Khalar Singh in Marcus Nispel’s Conan.
- Newsarama spoke to friend of the site, Sean McKeever, who discussed his upcoming Young Allies series, which serves as a sequel to his Nomad mini-series.
- Variety is reporting that Evan Rachel Wood (True Blood, Across the Universe) has dropped out of the production of Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark, where she would have played Mary Jane Watson.