from the Comic Hero News staff
There’s a lot that happens in the world of superheroes everyday, and we at Comic Hero News don’t have the ability to write up a full story about everything, as much as we’d like to. So, we bring you Speeding Bullets – for all of those pieces of news that are fired our way that are worth noticing, but don’t merit a full story in their own right.
- Kotobukiya have released images of their 2010 San Diego Comic-Con exclusive White Phoenix statue.
- Dynamite Entertainment announced that they had secured the rights to do comics based off the Arnold Schwarzenegger-starring Total Recall.
- SyFy will be airing a 20-hour The Greatest American Hero marathon this year over the 4th of July. This will mark the first time the series has been aired since its original run in 1983. (via SuperheroHype)
- Eugenia Paul, who played Senora Elena Torres opposite Guy Williams in Disney’s Zorro, passed away last week in Palm Beach, Florida. Paul was 75.
- Comic Book Resources has the first look at the Villains trailer for Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, which focuses on Kraven, Hammerhead, and a Noir-version of the Green Goblin.
- Stephen Norrington, director of the upcoming The Crow remake, spoke to MTV’s Splashpage about their shooting location in the American Southwest, as well as the fact that they are apparently in talks with a “major actor” about starring in the film.
- Variety has learned that Adam Beach has joined the cast of Cowboys & Aliens.
- TVShowsOnDVD has snagged a first look at the box art for She-Ra: Princess of Power.
- JT Krul will be taking over as writer for DC’s Teen Titans later this year, according to DC Universe: The Source. Krul is perhaps best known for his current work on the Green Arrow “Rise and Fall” event.
- During an interview with The Kevin & Bean Show, Jon Favreau let it slip that the Hulk will be in The Avengers.