from the Comic Hero News staff
There’s a lot that happens in the world of superheroes everyday, and we at Comic Hero News don’t have the ability to write up a full story about everything, as much as we’d like to. So, we bring you Speeding Bullets – for all of those pieces of news that are fired our way that are worth noticing, but don’t merit a full story in their own right. During Comic-Con, we’re going to be updating these regularly, expect a morning, afternoon and evening edition Speeding Bullets each day from now through Sunday.
- Newsarama has a preview of the Batman: The Brave and the Bold video game.
- Per a press release from SEGA, the company has announced that they will be creating a video game based around the Thor film, to be released in 2011.
- Boundless Comics has announced that they will release a free preview comic titled Lady Death Premiere, which will lead in to the new Lady Death comic this December.
- The official blog for AMC’s The Walking Dead, has just posted a video of comic-creator Robert Kirkman on the set of the show.
- Mike Ausiello at Entertainment Weekly tells us that Olivia Munn will be appearing on the season four premiere of NBC’s Chuck.
- The guys at CHUD spoke to Adam McKay about his status with directing an adaptation of Garth Ennis’ The Boys to film, and while McKay said he hasn’t signed on yet, he did say that if he were to sign on, Simon Pegg absolutely had to play Wee Hughie.
- Zeb Wells spoke to Newsarama about the direction that the upcoming Fall of the New Mutants storyline was set to take.
- Headed to Comic-Con? Marvel has released their schedule for Booth and Stage Events and Signing Schedule.
- The Hollywood Reporter‘s Heatvision Blog tells us that the upcoming The Strange Case of Hyde comic from Dark Horse is already being looked at for adaptation for the big screen, through a partnership between Dark Horse and Skydance Productions.
- AMC has posted a sweepstakes to the official blog for The Walking Dead, where you can win a walk-on role in the series, as a zombie!
- The folks at First Showing claim that Christopher Nolan is looking to cast The Riddler for his next Batman film, and that Joseph Gordon-Levitt may be up for the role.