from the Comic Hero News staff
There’s a lot that happens in the world of superheroes everyday, and we at Comic Hero News don’t have the ability to write up a full story about everything, as much as we’d like to. So, we bring you Speeding Bullets – for all of those pieces of news that are fired our way that are worth noticing, but don’t merit a full story in their own right.
- DC Universe: The Source has a preview page out of Action Comics #897, which has two of the greatest criminals in the DC Universe face-to-face with one another.
- Green Ronin Publishing, makers of the Mutants & Masterminds and DC Adventures role-playing games, have printed a letter from their President, Chris Pramas, over at Green Ronin.com. The letter outlines what’s coming from the publisher over the next year, including their releases for both of their superhero games.
- Access Hollywood talked to Ed Gathegi about playing Darwin in the Matthew Vaughn-directed X-Men: First Class.
- On Location Vacations has a series of photos, taken from fairly far away, which show Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield – or his stunt person) swinging, flipping off a truck, and hailing a cab from the set of Marc Webb’s Spider-Man.
- The Cape is getting two new villains for its debut series. TV Line tells us that both Lil’ Romeo and Michael Irby have signed on to play villains later this season.
- Mark Bagley returns to Ultimate Comics: Spider-Man beginning with Issue #156, and Marvel.com has posted some black-and-white previews of his pages.
- Joe Johnston spoke to The LA Times about Captain America: The First Avenger, telling them “The movie is going to be something more than people are expecting. This movie is going to surprise some people.”