from the Comic Hero News staff
There’s a lot that happens in the world of superheroes everyday, and we at Comic Hero News don’t have the ability to write up a full story about everything, as much as we’d like to. So, we bring you Speeding Bullets – for all of those pieces of news that are fired our way that are worth noticing, but don’t merit a full story in their own right.
- Gail Simone will be leaving the writing team behind Fury of Firestorm: The Nuclear Men as of issue #7. The news came our way thanks to DC Universe: The Source, who also tells us that Joe Harris will be joining Ethan Van Sciver as co-writer.
- Image Comics and Tim Seeley have provided readers with a free electronic Hack/Slash Holiday Special. Click on the link to read it!
- Newsaram has an interview with John Jackson Miller about the return of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic to Dark Horse’s line-up.
- The Flash returns to classic roots for the New 52 when Captain Cold returns in the pages of The Flash #7. DC Universe: The Source has a look at the cover showing us our first look at the reimagined leader of the Rogues.
- Sholly Fisch will be writing the Steel backup feature in Action Comics, and Comic Book Resources had the chance to interview Fisch to discuss how he got the gig.
- Brian Michael Bendis is bringing his eight-year involvement with The Avengers (and several related titles) to an end in 2012. Bendis spoke to Comic Book Resources to discuss his plans for the franchise, the return of Norman Osborn and H.A.M.M.E.R., and more.
- Bradley Cooper spoke to Empire Online to discuss his role in Paradise Lost, and why he left the reboot of The Crow.
- DC Universe: The Source has a look at today’s The New 52 releases, which kick off Issue 4 for the titles, including Action Comics, Animal Man, Batwing, Detective Comics, Green Arrow, Hawk & Dove, Justice League International, Men of War, OMAC, Red Lanterns, Static Shock, Stormwatch and Swamp Thing.
- To go along with all of those New 52 titles, DC Universe: The Source also has a look at Penguin: Pain and Prejudice #3.
- Thor 2 is looking for a director again. Deadline reports that Patty Jenkins and Marvel have split ways on the project, citing “creative differences”, although they believe that Jenkins will probably direct a future superhero film for the studio.
- SuperHeroHype has the launch trailer for the next download pack for DC Universe Online, titled “Lightning Strikes”. Enjoy!