from the Comic Hero News staff
There’s a lot that happens in the world of superheroes everyday, and we at Comic Hero News don’t have the ability to write up a full story about everything, as much as we’d like to. So, we bring you Speeding Bullets – for all of those pieces of news that are fired our way that are worth noticing, but don’t merit a full story in their own right.
- Preview time is here again. From the good folks at Newsarama we get a look at Justice League of America #60 and Executive Assistant: Orchid #2. Meanwhile, DC Universe: The Source has a look at the final issue of Batman with Batman #713 along with Superman/Batman #87, while Marvel.com has a look at X-Factor #224.1 and Spider-Man: Season Premiere. Finally, Comic Book Resources has looks at Sonic Universe #31, Supergirl #67 and Zatanna #16.
- Doctor Strange and Nemesis will be added to the upcoming special edition of Marvel vs. Capcom 3, according to the latest news from Marvel.com.
- DC Universe: The Source has our first look at Greg Capullo’s variant cover for Green Lantern #1, showing Sinestro as the new Lantern of Sector 2814.
- Via Twitter, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has released the first photo of himself as Roadblock on the set of G.I. Joe 2.
- Comic Book Resources has the first look at the cover for Batman: Earth One.
- BBC and BBC America have released a heartbreaking prequel to “Let’s Kill Hitler,” the midseason premiere of Doctor Who.
- This past weekend during the Empire Big Screen convention, Nicholas Winding Refn discussed getting to (finally) make a Wonder Woman film for Warner Brothers, saying ““I would love to make Wonder Woman. And I also think that Christina Hendricks would be the perfect Wonder Woman, but Warner Bros haven’t called yet. But I’m getting closer with Logan’s Run. I think someone said to me in a meeting that if I get Logan’s Run right, then I’ll get Wonder Woman.”
- Brian Michael Bendis told Comic Book Resources about his long-term plans for Miles Morales in Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, and pretty strongly defended the reasons for the death of Peter Parker and the introduction of the new Spider-Man.