from the Comic Hero News staff
There’s a lot that happens in the world of superheroes everyday, and we at Comic Hero News don’t have the ability to write up a full story about everything, as much as we’d like to. So, we bring you Speeding Bullets – for all of those pieces of news that are fired our way that are worth noticing, but don’t merit a full story in their own right.
- Miley Cyrus is set to voice Dracula’s daughter in Hotel Transylvania, according to Entertainment Weekly.
- Steven Yeun (Glenn) spoke to AMCTV.com about his role on Season Two of The Walking Dead.
- The American live-action Akira remake is chugging along. In addition to Garret Hedlund being cast as Kaneda, The Hollywood Reporter reports that Ezra Miller and Alden Ehrenreich are the leading contenders for Tetsuo.
- DC Universe: The Source has posted a preview of Issue #2 of Penguin: Pain and Prejudice.
- In an interview with Crave Online to discuss his role in Immortals, Mickey Rourke bashed Marvel for wanting to only make “Mindless comic-book movies”, and explains how much of his best work on Iron Man 2 was left on the cutting room floor.
- Brian Taylor and Mark Nevaldine, directors of Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, discussed how the film pushes the boundaries of the PG-13 rating with MTV’s Splashpage.
- George Miller spoke to SuperHeroHype to discuss his never-filmed Justice League: Mortal project and his thoughts on that.
- Alan Silvestri announced via his website that he will be the composer for Marvel’s The Avengers. Silvestri has already composed the score for other suprehero films including Captain America: The First Avenger, G.I. JOE: Rise of COBRA and Judge Dredd.