from the Comic Hero News staff
There’s a lot that happens in the world of superheroes everyday, and we at Comic Hero News don’t have the ability to write up a full story about everything, as much as we’d like to. So, we bring you Speeding Bullets – for all of those pieces of news that are fired our way that are worth noticing, but don’t merit a full story in their own right.
- DC Universe: The Source shows off Kenneth Rocafort’s cover for Action Comics #902, which brings the “Reign of Doomsday” back to Superman’s home title. Enjoy.
- Christos Gage spoke to Marvel.com about his plans to bring the “Fear Itself” storyline into the pages of Avengers Academy.
- Warner Brothers plans to start renting films directly through Facebook, according to a report from The Hollywood Reporter. Why should superhero fans care? Well, because the first film they’re going to make available this way is Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight.
- A new image of Idris Alba as Heimdall from the film adaptation of Thor has debuted over at Marvel.com.
- In a week of bad news for the Broadway show Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark, word now comes from The Hollywood Reporter that producers may be asking Director Julie Taymore to either make significant changes to the show, or to walk away.
- Once The Avengers finishes shooting, Robert Downey Jr.’s next outing as Tony Stark will be in the Shane Black-directed Iron Man 3. Downey spoke to MTV’s Splashpage about the film, and discussed how it will be odd to do the film without Jon Favreau.