from the Comic Hero News staff
There’s a lot that happens in the world of superheroes everyday, and we at Comic Hero News don’t have the ability to write up a full story about everything, as much as we’d like to. So, we bring you Speeding Bullets – for all of those pieces of news that are fired our way that are worth noticing, but don’t merit a full story in their own right.
- Stephen Arnell recently went to Facebook to discuss his training and casting as Oliver Queen/Green Arrow for the CW’s Arrow pilot. Via a video QA session with fans, Arnell answered questions and reflected on the experience so far. Comic Book Movie has the video.
- Screenwriter Simon Kinberg spoke to MTV’s Splashpage to discuss the sequel to X-Men: First Class. In the interview, Kinberg confirms that the sequel film will be very Magneto-heavy.
- Comic Book Resources tells us that Sam Humphries will be joining Jonathan Hickman as the co-writer of Ultimate Comics: The Ultimates, before ultimately taking the title over when Hickman moves on to The Avengers.
- Dwight Yoakam has left the cast of The Lone Ranger, according to Deadline.
- Julie Taymor and the producers of Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark have come to an agreement over royalty and billing issues, as was reported by Robot 6.
- Mark Millar told The Daily Record that the sequel to Kick-Ass would begin filming this summer, along with work on an adaptation of his comic, American Jesus. Millar implies that Matthew Vaughn would be returning to direct. But Millar is known to exaggerate the progress of his projects.
- Newsarama has a look at William Katt’s Sparks, a steampunk superhero film based on a comic written by Katt. Katt, of course, is known by many as The Greatest American Hero.
- Empire Magazine has a new photo from The Avengers as a centerfold. Enjoy.