from the Comic Hero News staff
There’s a lot that happens in the world of superheroes everyday, and we at Comic Hero News don’t have the ability to write up a full story about everything, as much as we’d like to. So, we bring you Speeding Bullets – for all of those pieces of news that are fired our way that are worth noticing, but don’t merit a full story in their own right.
- Preview time kicks off with five titles from Marvel.com, including the two new titles from Crossgen – Kiss Kiss Bang Bang #1 and Route 666 #1. We then get three X-titles in the form of Uncanny X-Men #544, New Mutants #31 and X-Men Season One. Then Comic Book Resources stays in the game with a look at Batgirl #1, complete with a flashback to The Killing Joke.
- Collider has a look at Marisa Miller and James Hong shooting scenes for R.I.P.D. over at Fenway Park.
- Sin City 2 may be finally moving forward. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller have hired William Monahan to work on the script for the film.
- Deadline brings us the word that Josh Brolin is set to star in Spike Lee’s remake of Oldboy.
- In an interview with The LA Times, Captain America: The First Avenger writer Christopher Markus talks about wanting to make MODOK the villain for Captain America 2.
- Geore Clooney is pulling out of Stephen Soderbergh’s film adaptation of The Man From U.N.C.L.E., according to a recent report from Deadline.
- Worried that Anne Hathaway’s Catwoman from The Dark Knight Rises doesn’t look enough like her comics counterpart? JoBlo reassures fans that her goggles/sunglasses will convert to looking more like cat ears when not being worn over her eyes.
- To help promote the DVD/Blu-Ray release of X-Men: First Class, i09 has a video showing Jennifer Lawrence going through the makeup application for Mystique – a seven hour process.
- Andrew Garfield gave an interview to The LA Times where he discussed how taking the role of Spider-Man/Peter Parker in The Amazing Spider-Man was a “life-altering” move.