from the Comic Hero News staff
There’s a lot that happens in the world of superheroes everyday, and we at Comic Hero News don’t have the ability to write up a full story about everything, as much as we’d like to. So, we bring you Speeding Bullets – for all of those pieces of news that are fired our way that are worth noticing, but don’t merit a full story in their own right.
- Jason Statham is in talks to star in a film adaptation of Richard Stark’s Parker, according to Variety.
- From one mega-fandom to another, we have just learned (thanks to Blastr.com), that Star Trek: The Next Generation‘s John De Lancie (Q) is set to join the cast of Torchwood: Miracle Day. No word is currently available as to what role De Lancie will play.
- Anyone who has seen the trailers for Captain America: The First Avenger knows that Steve Rogers goes from a 90-lbs. Weakling into being the perfect physical specimen. Speaking to MTV’s Splashpage, Chris Evans discusses how they used a combination of digitally “shrinking” him and compositing his head onto another actor’s body in order to achieve this effect.
- Bleeding Cool tells us that at recent memorial event for the writer, Bruce Timm announced that McDuffie had written a script for a DC direct to DVD/Blu-Ray project currently in production, tentatively titled Justice League: Chaos.
- There’s a cute little online flash game to promote Thor, wherein you get to use a combination of thrown Mjolnir and lightning strikes to take out Frost Giants. It’s a very simple form of Angry Birds, but still fun. Check it out here.
- Speaking of Thor, The Movie Stinger (via Latino Review) has revealed the post-credits sequence for Thor, and how it helps tie Captain America: The First Avenger and Thor into The Avengers. We won’t reveal the details here, but you can read the full description at Latino Review. We will, however, say that you want to stick around after the credits.
- It looks like Johnny Depp will have to call someone other than Ryan Gosling kemosabe. EW.com reports that Gosling’s schedule will not permit him to star in The Lone Ranger.
- The animated opening credits sequence for Super has been revealed online, thanks to JoBlo.com.