from the Comic Hero News staff
There’s a lot that happens in the world of superheroes everyday, and we at Comic Hero News don’t have the ability to write up a full story about everything, as much as we’d like to. So, we bring you Speeding Bullets – for all of those pieces of news that are fired our way that are worth noticing, but don’t merit a full story in their own right.
- Bill Willingham and Matthew Sturges recently spoke to Vanetta Rogers of Newsarama, to discuss their plans to end Jack of Fables with Issue 50 next year.
- Bleeding Cool has news about how financial difficulties (and an unwillingness to spend money) may be interfering with Marvel’s ability to mount The Avengers.
- Lydsey Hartley gave an interview to TV Guide about her upcoming appearance as Mad Harriet on Smallville.
- Former Heroes-star Milo Ventimiglia is coming full-circle. According to Deadline, his creator-owned comic Rest is being adapted for TV by NBC, with Ventimiglia set to star.
- Per a press release from Cartoon Network, their first ever CGI original movie event Firebreather premieres Wednesday, November 24 at 7 p.m. Based on the comic of the same name by Phil Hester and Andy Kuhn, the TV movie is directed by Peter Chung (Aeon Flux).
- Comics and animation veteran Michael Jelenic spoke to MTV’s Splashpage about his plans for the Thundercats reboot.
- In case you missed it, in the pages of this week’s Batman and Robin 16, Bruce Wayne has publicly stated that he funds Batman. It’s not a “I am Batman” moment, in fact, it’s more designed to help stave off suspicion that he might be Batman, but it’s still a big deal.
- MTV’s Splashpage has a clip from DC Showcase: Superman/Shazam: The Return Of Black Adam, which is a part of the DC Showcase collection, which becomes available next week.