from the Comic Hero News staff
There’s a lot that happens in the world of superheroes everyday, and we at Comic Hero News don’t have the ability to write up a full story about everything, as much as we’d like to. So, we bring you Speeding Bullets – for all of those pieces of news that are fired our way that are worth noticing, but don’t merit a full story in their own right.
- According to Production Weekly, Captain America: The First Avenger will begin filming on June 28, 2010.
- DC Universe: The Source is showing off Ryan Sook’s cover to Superman: The Last Stand of New Krypton 3, from pencils to finished product.
- In a press release from Warner Brothers, it was revealed that both the next Batman and the next Superman film would be a part of their twenty-picture IMAX deal. Here’s the relevant excerpt:
- Warner Brothers is developing a Starman film, according to Pajiba. The question of course is “Which one?” Will it be the classic tale of Ted Knight? Will they do the modern origin of Jack Knight? (I think that’s the most likely, honestly, considering the current popularity of James Robinson over at DC Comics). Could it be Prince Grayven? Or Mikhail? Or possibly they’ll use the Starman from the future? No one really knows at this point.
- Action Comics 889 will be the final issue containing a Captain Atom co-feature, and thanks to DC Universe: The Source, you can check out a short preview of the final chapter.
- IDW Publishing is preparing a graphic novel adaptation of Robert Bloch’s Yours Truly, Jack the Ripper. The comic adaptation is being written by Joe R. Lansdale and John L. Lansdale, and illustrated by Kevin Colden.
- DC Comics co-publisher Jim Lee was kind enough to lend his pencils to a variant cover for Legion of Super-Heroes 1, featuring everyone’s favorite female telepath who isn’t Jean Grey, Emma Frost or Psylocke, Saturn Girl! Thanks to DC Universe: The Source, you can get an early look at the cover.
- Platinum Studios is bringing their comic Vampire Nation to the big screen, according to Variety.
- The first volume of Marvel’s The Super Hero Squad Show is coming to DVD thanks to Shout! Factory, and here’s a first look at the cover art.
- Is there any chance that Nathan Fillion could play Henry Pym/Ant-Man in the Joss Whedon-directed The Avengers? Fillion addresses this idea when speaking to MTV’s Splashpage.
- One of the great, relatively unknown voice actors has passed away. According to The New York Times, Allen Swift, best known for being the voice of Mighty Mouse, passed away April 18, 2010.
Under the agreement, Warner Bros. movies that will be released in IMAX are: Legends of the Guardian: The Owls of Ga’Hoole 3D (September 24, 2010); Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (3D) (November 19, 2010); Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II (3D) (July 15, 2011); Happy Feet 2 (3D) (November 18, 2011); and The Hobbit (December 2012). Warner Bros. and IMAX also plan to release an additional 15 films over the course of 2011, 2012 and 2013, including Gravity, Dark Shadows, Fury Road, Batman 3, and Superman.