from the Comic Hero News staff
There’s a lot that happens in the world of superheroes everyday, and we at Comic Hero News don’t have the ability to write up a full story about everything, as much as we’d like to. So, we bring you Speeding Bullets – for all of those pieces of news that are fired our way that are worth noticing, but don’t merit a full story in their own right.
- Relativity Media announced that writer Alex Tse (Watchmen) has been hired to pen the script for their reboot of The Crow, which is set to star Bradley Cooper as the undead avenger.
- Variety tells us that Tom Wilkinson is in talks to join the cast of Gore Verbinski’s The Lone Ranger. Wilkinson would play a villain opposite Arnie Hammer’s Lone Ranger and Johnny Depp’s Tonto.
- Universal’s R.I.P.D., which stars Ryan Reynolds and Jeff Bridges as ghost-fighting detectives (and based on the comic of the same name from Dark Horse Comics) has an official release date. According to The Wrap, R.I.P.D. will hit theatres June 28, 2013.
- The legendary Gene Colan has passed away. Colan had long been suffering from poor health, and passed away from complications from a broken hip and liver disease. Colan is one of the classic artists of the Silver Age, and is perhaps best known for his work on Daredevil.
- Deadline tells us that Christopher Meloni (Law & Order: SVU) is up for an undisclosed role in Zack Snyder’s Superman-reboot Man of Steel. Although details are unavailable, it is believed that Meloni will play a General of some sort.
- Brian Michael Bendis told Sirius Radio Show Geektime that Carly Foulkes will be playing Retro Girl in the pilot episode of Powers. And who is Carly Foulkes? “You’re sitting there going, ‘Who’s that?’ That is the super, super cute T-Mobile girl,” Bendis explains.