from the Comic Hero News staff
There’s a lot that happens in the world of superheroes everyday, and we at Comic Hero News don’t have the ability to write up a full story about everything, as much as we’d like to. So, we bring you Speeding Bullets – for all of those pieces of news that are fired our way that are worth noticing, but don’t merit a full story in their own right.
- Todd McFarlane is committed to bringing Spawn back to television sets. Not only is he working on a script, but McFarlane has definitively stated on his Twitter page that “ANIMATION: For those that’ve asked, the SPAWN ANIMATED show will be back in Hollywood’s face in 2010. Legal issues delayed it past few years.”
- Matthew Vaughn has been orbiting superhero movies for quite some time now. The director of Stardust and the up-coming Kick-Ass has been connected to numerous superhero films, including being the front-runner to direct Marvel’s Thor before Kenneth Branagh landed the position. Vaughn talked to MTV News where he discussed his dream project. “[I'd] love to do The Avengers. And Superman… I think it would be great to reinvent Superman.”
- Shooting has wrapped for Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World, director Edgar Wright told the world on his photoblog.
- Given a say in the matter, director Louis Letterier has stated that he would like to return to direct a sequel to The Incredible Hulk. Letterier spoke to Moviehole where he said “”Sure. I’d return to it. I have some ideas. So many ideas for so many things.”
- Geoff Johns has teased us with the idea that the episode he is writing for Smallville, “Society” will feature the Justice Society facing off against the Justice League. How did he do this? Well by writing the following on his Twitter page: “Had an amazing week at Smallville! JLA vs. JSA!!” He also posted the following image.
- There is some new concept art for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 posted over at Marvel.com. This batch of art focuses on Havok and a Hydra base. Go check it out!