from the Comic Hero News staff
There’s a lot that happens in the world of superheroes everyday, and we at Comic Hero News don’t have the ability to write up a full story about everything, as much as we’d like to. So, we bring you Speeding Bullets – for all of those pieces of news that are fired our way that are worth noticing, but don’t merit a full story in their own right.
- Green Lantern‘s Blake Lively revealed to MTV’s Splashpage that Green Lantern is not the superhero film that was on the top of her list to perform in.
- Marvel.com has put up a set of previews for the comics being released the week of August 4, 2010, including Amazing Spider-Man 639, Avengers Prime 2, Avengers: The Origin 5, Captain America 608, Captain America: Forever Allies 1, Daredevil Black & White 1, Darkstar and the Winter Guard 3, Deadpool 1000, Deadpool: Wade Wilson’s War, Doomwar 6, Electric Ant 5, Gorilla-Man 2, Hawkeye & Mockingbird 3, Hercules: Twilight of a God 3, Hit-Monkey 2, Iron Man Legacy 5, Marvel Universe vs. The Punisher 1, New Mutants Forever 1, Orson Scott Card’s Ender in Exile 3, S.H.I.E.L.D. 3, Secret Warriors 18, Shadowland 2, Shadowland: Bullseye 1, Spider-Man/Fantastic Four 2, Spitfire 1, Thor: The Rage of Thor 1, Ultimate Comics Avengers 2 #6, and Young Allies 3.
- MovieWallpapers.net has the final poster for Summit Entertainment’s Red.
- Kurt Busiek wrote about the process of taking Astro City from the comic page to the screen over on Busiek.com.
- Bleeding Cool tells us that Eden Studios (makers of the fabulous Buffy: The Vampire Slayer RPG) will be debuting a card game version of Image’s Hack/Slash at the GenCon game convention later this week.
- The final trailer for Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions debuted during Comic-Con, and is now available for you to view online thanks to Marvel.
- Deadline has some words from star Michael Chiklis and creator Greg Berlanti explaining why No Ordinary Family is not simply a copy of The Incredibles or Heroes.
- Dustin Nguyen posted an advance look at his cover for Batman Beyond 5 on to Deviant Art. Check it out!
- The LA Times tells us that Robert Rodriguez is actively in talks to direct Deadpool for Fox. Nothing has solidified – yet – but if the stars line up right, we could see Rodriguez helming the film about the fast-talking assassin. With any luck, Ryan Reynolds will return to reprise the role.
- Stan Lee told MTV’s Splashpage that he’d really like his cameo for Captain America to allow him to “be a villain”.