from the Comic Hero News staff
There’s a lot that happens in the world of superheroes everyday, and we at Comic Hero News don’t have the ability to write up a full story about everything, as much as we’d like to. So, we bring you Speeding Bullets – for all of those pieces of news that are fired our way that are worth noticing, but don’t merit a full story in their own right.
- Although I loathe posting casting rumors or “in negotiations” that, often as not, tend to fall through, this one is too big to skip. According to HitFix, Logan Lerman (Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief) is the front-runner to take the role of Peter Parker/Spider-Man in the Spider-Man reboot from Sony.
- At the same time, Deadline Hollywood Daily is posting a vehement denial from insiders at Sony, saying that there is no way that Mr. Lerman is being considered – and Deadline Hollywood Daily even calls HitFix out for repeating the rumor (which had initially been rumored/denied some time back.) Meanwhile on Twitter, Drew McWeeny at HitFix and Ed Douglas at SuperHeroHype are talking about the legitimacy of HitFix’s story, and why SuperHeroHype isn’t running this story/rumor.
- The LA Times‘ Hero Complex blog has an interview up with producer Adrian Askarieh about his work on adapting WildStorm’s Danger Girl.
- Similarly, Collider spoke to producer Neal Moritz about Preacher, and discovered that director Sam Mendes is off the adaptation of the film. That said, they still hope to being shooting in 2011, and it’s possible that screenwriter John August might direct the film himself.s
- Ryan Reynolds must be stopped before he claims every superhero role in Hollywood, even the parody ones that aren’t based on a comic. I say this based on the news from Rope of Silicon where we see a trailer for Paper Man, where Reynolds portrays Captain Excellent, a fictional superhero who is the invisible friend in the head of the lead character, played by Jeff Daniels. You can check out the trailer below.
- SuperHeroHype learned that Jon Tenney (The Closer) will be playing Ryan Reynold’s dad (or more appropriately, Hal Jordan’s dad), Martin Jordan in Green Lantern.
- Spinning out of his X-Men Forever title, Marvel has now signed Chris Claremont to work on New Mutants Forever, and Newsarama has an interview with the legendary X-Men writer. New Mutants Forever will be written by Claremont and illustrated by Al Rio.
- I know practically nothing about Pizza Man, other than the fact that it stars Frank Muniz as a pizza delivery guy who gets superpowers from eating a genetically engineered tomato. Oh, and it has one of my formerly favorite wrestlers, Diamond Dallas Page, as an evil villain. Nonetheless, Comic Book Resources got a chance to do a set visit, and they’ve got a full report up. It sounds… terrible, frankly.
- Reed Entertainment’s C2E2 will be taking place next weekend in Chicagoland, and Comic Hero News will be there. But before then, if you’d like to get the lowdown on the convention, Ain’t It Cool News‘s Ambush Bug spoke to Reed Entertainment’s Lance Festerman to get the 411.
- /Film learned that Stephen Graham, Sam Claflin and Max Irons are all in talks to join the cast of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.
- The folks at Bleeding Cool have the word that Hasbro and Marvel will be debuting a Marvelman action figure as a San Diego Comic-Con Exclusive this year.
- Hollywood may be sure that they want to try to adapt He-Man and the Masters of the Universe to the big-screen again, but they aren’t sure who they want for the job, clearly. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Mike Finch and Alex Litvak (who just wrote the Predators reboot) have been brought on-board by Columbia to write the script for the film.