from the Comic Hero News staff
There’s a lot that happens in the world of superheroes everyday, and we at Comic Hero News don’t have the ability to write up a full story about everything, as much as we’d like to. So, we bring you Speeding Bullets – for all of those pieces of news that are fired our way that are worth noticing, but don’t merit a full story in their own right.
- The next big story arc for the Titans will be titled “The Methuselah Imperative,” and over at DC Universe: The Source, Titans line-editor Eric Wallace talks about the storyarc.
- In an interview with Collider, future Incredible Hulk Mark Ruffalo discussed what he was doing to prepare for shooting the Jade Goliath in The Avengers, revealing that he was losing weight, saying “I’ve lost 15 pounds.”
- At KAPOW! Comic-Con, Joe Cornish told SuperHeroHype that they have just turned in the second draft of the Ant-Man script.
- Also from Kapow, Mark Millar revealed four new projects, and IGN.com has the word, including a spin-off for Kick-Ass‘s Hit Girl.
- During the Cup O’Joe panel at Kapow! Marvel revealed that Nick Spencer and Emma Rios will be the creative team for the relaunch of Cloak & Dagger.
- Submitted by a reader, check out the adorable Tumblr site Girls Love Superheroes, a reminder that all of us geek dads can – and should – share our fannish obsessions with our daughters just as easily as we can share it with our sons.
- Chris Hemsworth, the star of Thor, spoke to MTV’s Splashpage about the script for The Avengers, explaining that while the various stars of the Marvel films have met, they have yet to all meet with the script for a proper read-through. He did, however, say that each of the heroes gets a moment to shine.
- There is now a director for the Ryan Reynolds-starring Deadpool film, according to Deadline. Visual FX whiz Tim Miller is set to direct the next look at the ‘Merc With The Mouth.
- The Hollywood Reporter tells us that Ra’s Al Ghul will be returning in Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises, although not played by Liam Neeson. Instead, we will see a younger version of Ra’s, played by Josh Pence. Whether this means we’ll be seeing the character in flashbacks, or just reborn and youthened by the Lazarus Pit, it is unknown, although sources claim that the scene will be a flashback to 30 years earlier.
- LatinoReview has posted a behind-the-scenes featurette for Thor.
- Marvel.com has posted a series of teaser images for their new “Vengeance” event. While some of the characters in the teasers bear a resemblance to existing characters from Marvel Comics, they all look fairly new.