from the Comic Hero News staff
There’s a lot that happens in the world of superheroes everyday, and we at Comic Hero News don’t have the ability to write up a full story about everything, as much as we’d like to. So, we bring you Speeding Bullets – for all of those pieces of news that are fired our way that are worth noticing, but don’t merit a full story in their own right.
- Shout! Factory has announced that Season Three of Swamp Thing on DVD will be available directly from their site, and is available for pre-order now.
- The new trailer for Jonah Hex has appeared online, and you can check it out over at IGN.com.
- According to The Hollywood Reporter, Disney has thrown their legal weight behind Marvel in the battle with the estate of Jack Kirby, regarding the rights to the characters he helped create.
- Comic-Con International has just announced 15 new guests to the line-up for the 2010 San Diego Comic-Con (July 22-25, 2010). The list includes Ray Bradbury, Emile Bravo, Hunter Freberg, Stan Freberg, Moto Hagio, Dusty Higgins, Van Jensen, Phil Jimenez, Jenette Kahn, Ivan Reis, Rick Riordan, Jeannie Schulz, Ann VanderMeer, Jeff VanderMeer, and Gerard Way.
- Viper Comics has added Howard Mackie as a contributing editor.
- The good folks at SuperheroHype have an advance look at the latest TV trailer for The Last Airbender.
- We now have a release date for Sherlock Holmes 2, thanks to The Hollywood Reporter. The sequel, starring Robert Downey, Jr., Jude Law, and featuring a returning Rachel McAdams, will hit theatres December 16, 2011.
- Zack Whedon spoke to Comic Book Resources where he confirmed that his brother, Joss Whedon had “tentatively agreed” to direct The Avengers for Marvel Studios.
- If you want to see the new trailer for Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, then you need to take matters into your own hands. The next trailer will be released once the film’s Facebook page reaches 100,000 fans. At the time of this writing, the page was up to around 69,000.
- According to Deadline, Marvel has tapped Drew Pearce – the creator of the UK superhero dramedy No Heroics, to write the screenplay for Runaways, based on the comic by Brian K. Vaughn.
- If you’ve been enjoying Grant Morrison’s Return of Bruce Wayne, then you’ll want to check out the Return of Bruce Wayne action figures from DC Direct, featuring Caveman Batman, Witchhunter Batman, High Seas Batman, and Cowboy Batman. You can see all four figures over at DC Universe: The Source.
- Sad news for fans of Mark Hamil’s Joker. Hamil told IGN that when he reprises the role in Batman: Arkham Asylum II, it will be his “last laugh.”
- According to Deadline, the next Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles live action film, which will reboot the series, has been handed over to Michael Bay’s Platinum Dunes.