from the Comic Hero News staff
There’s a lot that happens in the world of superheroes everyday, and we at Comic Hero News don’t have the ability to write up a full story about everything, as much as we’d like to. So, we bring you Speeding Bullets – for all of those pieces of news that are fired our way that are worth noticing, but don’t merit a full story in their own right.
- Nathan Fillion posted the following photo yesterday, showing himself, and other Firefly alumni Alan Tudyk and Adam Baldwin, standing and staring at the sky with Joss Whedon. Is a reunion in the works? Or is this just fan-service?
- Summit Entertainment sent out a press release regarding what films they’re bringing to Comic-Con. And the good news for many fans? Twilight will not have a presence there this year.
- Isaiah Mustafa (better known as “The Old Spice Guy”) revealed on Attack of the Show that he is a huge comic junkie and desperately wants to be cast as Luke Cage. As the guys at Topless Robot put it “Look at Spider-Man, now look at me, now look at Iron Man, now back to me. Look at this, it’s those bullets you shot at me. Now look down. Those bullets are now diamonds!”
- Bleeding Cool reports that the BBC is creating original Doctor Who graphic novels. The first one “The Only Good Dalek” will be published in September. Expect to see some more news about this during Comic-Con.
- More X-Men: First Class casting rumors. EW says that Nicholas Hoult has been cast as the Beast, while Lucass Till is in talks to play Havok. Have I mentioned I’m not giving any more casting rumors any credit as far as this film is concerned?